Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2012-05-16 03:33:55

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

MediaManager: Error: No file to upload.

Hi to all

Normally, I don't use the Media Manager but FileZilla for uploading my files. Recently, I tried to use it, just a simple file, only a few KB, and I got this error.
I have installed the 2.4.2 and after the latest nightly 2.5, but always the same: Error: No file to upload.
Do you know this error?
FYI: The public folder has got 777.

Many thanks in advance!

I Dotclear.

#2 2012-05-21 01:41:39

clearingthedots
Membre

Re : MediaManager: Error: No file to upload.

Can you describe the steps you take to upload via Media Manager?

#3 2012-05-25 05:01:38

ben_griffith
Membre

Hi clearingthedots

Thanks for your answer!

I work on a Windows system and tried it with several browsers but all the same, only a Mozilla browser is showing the error, the others don't do anything. I click on Upload, that green bar comes up, but nothing is shown.

Meanwhile I have run some other tests and I think, it's again something that has to do with the changes of my provider settings.
We received a few weeks ago an e-mail that there have been made some changes for security reasons. For example, since then, my comment form doesn't show the send button but only the preview button. It's necessary to write a comment and then the send button comes up. That upload thing is also related to it I think so, because it worked fine a few months ago, when I tested something for the German DC community. (I personally don't use the media uploader, and if  so then for testing.)

I Dotclear.

#4 2012-05-28 20:08:27

clearingthedots
Membre

Have you tried uploading using a different computer? Perhaps your firewall is blocking dotclear from accessing your computer files.

I have noticed that my copy of Norton Security will disable certain website buttons. To get them to work I have to disable Norton and reload the page.

#5 2012-05-29 19:48:46

ben_griffith
Membre

Hi clearingthedots

Unfortunately, a firewall software is not the reason. This was the first what I tested. Now, it seems that my provider has done something to certain buttons. Because I don't use the Mediamanager, it's not a big problem.
Maybe I will contact my provider and ask if he can allow some things again :-)

Thanks!

I Dotclear.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map