Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2012-06-16 20:47:28

Membre
Lieu : Romania
Site Web

How can a user install a language / translation ?

I translated Dotclear to romanian language, but I do not know how to use those PO files.
After I translated the PO files and put them in the locales/ro directory, I set it as default language for the blog, Romanian language is now seen as installed, but with no effect - it still appears english.
In the French translation I see some other files with extension .php. Something makes me believe that the PO files are not used by Dotclear, only the PHP files are used. But how do I genereate those PHP language files using PO files?

So... the question would be: how can a user install any translated PO files, into Dotclear?

Thank you.

I use Dotclear - a blogging platform with huge potential.

#2 2012-06-18 08:20:37

annso
Responsable de la machine à Twix
Lieu : Lyon
Site Web

Re : How can a user install a language / translation ?

Hello,

Thanks for translating Dotclear ! The PO files are indeed the ones that should be used, its seems that you have a problem. I didn't found much more informations on this page : http://dotclear.org/translate. You'll maybe have a faster answer if you ask directly your question to the translators mailing list : translators@list.dotclear.net.

Have a nice day

#3 2012-06-18 17:53:14

[SiMON]
Membre
Lieu : France
Site Web

There is a build-tools/make-l10n.php file in the Mercurial repository which is used to generate the .lang.php files corresponding to the .po files. Dotclear use the .lang.php file by default (faster) and fallback to the .po file if the corresponding .lang.php is not present. Maybe you should try generating the .lang.php file?

#4 2012-06-19 00:24:58

Membre
Lieu : Romania
Site Web

Problem solved.
The user can simply delete all .PHP files inside the language folder and overwrite the translated/modified .PO files. If any .PHP files are found, these are used by Dotclear; and if no .PHP files are found, then Dotclear reads the .PO files.

This problem got solved in an email communication with xave.
Thank you all for trying to help.

Topic can now be closed.

I use Dotclear - a blogging platform with huge potential.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map