Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2015-01-03 11:37:15

AtomicShrimp
Membre

Unable to upload media files - "error - No file was uploaded"

Firstly, let me say I'm hugely impressed with the feature set of Dotclear - I have an urgent need to migrate my blog/site away from the obsolete CMS it's on at the moment, and Dotclear looks like the perfect solution.

So I'm setting up dotclear on one of my domains, then I'll migrate all my content, then point all of the other domains at it.  My host is 1and1 (And I think this might be part of the problem, as their shared servers are stubbornly nonstandard for the Apache settings).

Anyway, I managed to get Dotclear installed and working - I have set up the template and I can add posts, categories, etc - I just can't seem to add media.

When I go to the media manager, I can create a folder (and I checked via FTP that it has created it), but when I click the 'choose files' button, I immediately get a message "Error:    No file was uploaded."  at the top of the screen.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

#2 2015-01-03 12:16:26

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

Re : Unable to upload media files - "error - No file was uploaded"

Hello

The only explanation I find is unsufficient rights on public folder. Can you tell us which rights you assigned to it ? Is your public folder on the same domain as your blog ?

#3 2015-01-03 12:59:41

AtomicShrimp
Membre

Thanks Philippe

The permissions for the public folder are 705 (Owner can read, write and execute, public can read and execute).

The Media Manager can create subfolders in Public, so presumably that means permissions are adequate - I wonder if there's something strange about my PHP config that's preventing the code running for uploading files?

#4 2015-01-03 13:03:16

AtomicShrimp
Membre

I just tried creating a subfolder public/test, then setting the permissions for 'test' to 777 - still won't let me upload.

I'm getting the error message as soon as I click the button - not even getting to browse for a file.

#5 2015-01-03 14:14:30

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

Do you get the same bug with another browser ? By the way, which one are you currently using and with which OS ?

#6 2015-01-03 18:32:11

AtomicShrimp
Membre

Aha!.  Good call - I was sure it was going to be something server-side, but It works absolutely fine in Chrome, not in Firefox (I was originally using Firefox).

I presume I just need to find the relevant security/trust setting in Firefox to allow it to launch the file browser dialog.

Many thanks for your help Philippe!

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map