Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2016-05-08 05:10:24

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Can the Search be adjusted and import of blog

I noticed that if I search in my blog for "tree", Dotclear lists also words like "Street".
Is there a setting (or piece of code) that can be changed to "look only for exact word"?

My blog is getting bigger and bigger. When I look into "backup", I can only import a 2 MB file. My database is 2.5 MB meanwhile. Is saving the SQL database the only chance I have to make sure that my blog doesn't get lost in case something happens?

Many thanks in advance.

Just for curiosity: I was looking for the possibility to separate blog and some of the pages I have. I have started an own section (topic) which shouldn't have the sidebar widgets from the blog. However, if I use widget pages, then all pages are listed, including the ones that belong to the blog. By chance, I discovered yesterday that widget text can have a class and using that allows me very specific to disable all widgets for the blog. Instead of using widget pages, I use now a customized layout for my pages in widget text and I can split them in sections. You will not believe how excited I was. Who ever had planned that from the DC team - wonderful! I love it!

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2016-05-09 04:20:24)

I Dotclear.

#2 2016-05-11 21:44:02

Tomek
Site Web

Re : Can the Search be adjusted and import of blog

Hi,
About the search I can't tell.

About the import, the 2 MB limitation is due to your hosting only. Consider switching to a better one would be a good option I think. For instance, mine is limited to 50 MB.

#3 2016-05-12 03:34:32

ben_griffith
Membre

Thanks, Tomek.

With the backup, I mean the one in Dotclear in Import, the restriction is in Dotclear:

Single blog
This will import a single blog backup as new content in the current blog: name of blog
Upload a backup file (maximum size 2 MB)

Until now, I have saved it as a txt document.

I Dotclear.

#4 2016-05-12 05:42:59

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

ben_griffith a écrit :

Upload a backup file (maximum size 2 MB)

The 2MB part of this message is a parameter, actually what your server allows to upload.

It is defined in a php.ini file (upload_max_filesize = 2M). Depending on your hosting provider, you might be able to edit it.

#5 2016-05-14 07:38:01

ben_griffith
Membre

Hi Philippe

Merci!

I now checked the provider website and learned that I can indeed change the max_upload_size:

When editing values such as max_upload_size please note that the file size is 10M rather than MB, i.e. 10M actually means 10MB.
3. Upload the php.ini to the folder that the relevant folder that the file(s) your script (requiring the custom settings) is in.
If you put the php.ini file in the wrong folder the changes won't have any effect.

In what folder do I have to store the php.ini file?
I tried in main directory, in my blog, in db folder ... no success.

Many thanks in advance.

I Dotclear.

#6 2016-05-14 07:52:36

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

The php.ini file is in your server's apache/php configuration folders. Unfortunately you may not be allowed to access it on a shared hosting system.

The process you describe (is it your hosting provider documentation ?) seems to mean that you can add a file in your website to overcome their main php.ini settings (I am just guessing though). In this case I would try to put the file in dotclear/admin folder

#7 2016-05-15 04:12:54

ben_griffith
Membre

@Philippe
Thanks for that. Also admin folder doesn't change it. I will ask my provider. He is a nice chap and always helped me.

I Dotclear.

#8 2016-05-15 06:56:13

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

ben_griffith a écrit :

Is saving the SQL database the only chance I have to make sure that my blog doesn't get lost in case something happens?

Yes, until you solve the file size limit in your php configuration. Actually it is also a good practice to have sql backups anyway ;)

#9 2016-05-15 08:05:47

ben_griffith
Membre

Thanks, Phillipe

Finally solved. My provider knows that I test and read all about a topic before I ask him. He answered 5 minutes later (and that on a Sunday at 7 in the morning). I had to change in my cpanel the PHP setting for File upload. I can now use 4 MB.

Thank you all so much!

I Dotclear.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map