Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

#1 2016-12-14 10:16:54

Freejon
Membre

Embedding dotclear in an existing website (Serif)

I am trying to place my blog within other websites that I have.  These are constructed in Serif which as I understand it, produces html pages with CSS.  I am not highly knowledgable technically, but can generally get things to work if told what is needed.

I have managed to get the site to display the blog entry itself as an RSS feed. This is how it is looking at the moment.  http://www.spiralworld.net/page17.html

But I don't know how to get it to display on a webpage in the format with sidebars, including options like subscribe.  I have this working inside dotclear but don't know how to include it.    I would also like to place a smaller version of the blog  in a sidebar on my home page for people to link from.   My previous blog was integral to Serif, but the only way to display it was by using an iframe, which is not an acceptable solution.  Would there be some code that I can put in an html frame?

I will be very grateful if someone can suggest a way to make this work. 

Thanks,
Jon Freeman

#2 2016-12-29 12:46:26

AtomicShrimp
Membre

Re : Embedding dotclear in an existing website (Serif)

iframes do seem like the exact and correct solution to your requirement, and they are a legitimate part of current, valid HTML - is there a reason you can't use them?

#3 2016-12-29 13:37:53

AtomicShrimp
Membre

Re : Embedding dotclear in an existing website (Serif)

It occurs to me that maybe you just want to embed the blog content and navigation, not the blog banner or footer - I think there's still a way to do this with iframes - I would tackle it like this:

Create a 'naked' theme for your blog (so it has no banner or footer)
Embed the blog in your other sites using iframes
Create a new static HTML landing page for your blog, comprising the banner, an iframe(with the blog embedded in it), plus a footer.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map