Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2011-04-06 17:13:40

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Entry status: scheduled

There is a good question in our German forum:

If you write a new entry, then you can choose in "Entry status: scheduled" and you set a certain time.

The help file writes: scheduled: the post will be set online at the time and date set in the Published on field.

However, If I set "Entry status: scheduled" and  "Published on: a different date/time", then my article still remains offline.

My first idea was the server time. I'm not sure how European servers work, but my UK server works only with 12h and a time of 17:52 is unknown.

In about:config are global settings and I can choose  %H:%M  in "time_format".

If this is the reason, could you tell me what a German (which should be the same as for French DC users) needs to get an article published when he wants it.

Many thanks in advance

I Dotclear.

#2 2011-04-09 03:50:39

ben_griffith
Membre

Re : Entry status: scheduled

After testing the problem this morning, I have to admit that my first idea (the reason might be the time format) was wrong.

I have checked the French/English documentation, but I can't find anything about this problem.

It would be nice if somebody can tell us if the status "scheduled" generally works and if yes, what we have to do to get an article published at a certain time without changing the status manually.

I Dotclear.

#3 2012-03-03 01:44:19

clearingthedots
Membre

My friend and I use "scheduled" all the time (here in these USA  but it should work across the pond too). We have found that we must follow the following order for it to work:

First write your entry and give it a title (if needed for your settings), then:

1. Go to "entry status" and choose "scheduled"
2. Go to "published on" and click on the calendar image
3. Change the time first (we always post in the morning - no confusion with am / pm format)
4. Now select the date (when you select the date it will close the calendar)
5. Save entry

A few tips:
- if you schedule and save entry and then you want to change time or date, it will not work. You have to start a new entry and delete the one you just made.
- but, if you schedule and then change the date or time BEFORE saving entry, it usually works.

IMPORTANT
- if you save your entry first as "pending" and then change it to "scheduled", it does NOT work. From the beginning the entry must be saved as "scheduled".
- we always check to make sure entries are being published. Every once in a while it will not work as expected.

Dernière modification par clearingthedots (2012-03-03 01:45:47)

#4 2012-03-03 14:41:10

ben_griffith
Membre

Thanks you very much, clearingthedots! I will forward this useful tip to our German forum.

I Dotclear.

#5 2012-06-03 05:47:36

tbtip
Membre
Lieu : Hoya ( Germany )
Site Web

This problem exists since version 2.4.3 back.

No matter what I try, I can not plan more entries.

For example, I wrote an entry on 31.05 and those scheduled for 02/06/2012 13h. He has not been published.

This is consistent with other entries I have also planned happened.

Dernière modification par tbtip (2012-06-03 05:47:57)

Leider beherrsche ich nicht die englische Sprache, deswegen helfe ich gerne in deutscher Sprache.
Meine Dotclear-Blogs: Weihnachtsblog; Weihnachtsmärkte in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz; CMS-Systeme - Blogsoftware Dotclear und mehr auf Tbtip.de

#6 2012-06-03 10:59:20

[SiMON]
Membre
Lieu : France
Site Web

There is a known bug in the latest release about scheduled entries. This will be fixed soon. People who really need this should go back to the previous version.

@ clearingthedots, I never heard of such limitations of the scheduling feature from the french users. It's broken in 2.4.3, but it should work as expected in older versions without all these precautions to take.

The only important and obvious thing to remember is that there's not any black magic behind this feature : each time the blog gets a visit, Dotclear check if there is one or more posts marked as "scheduled", and then if the current time is later than the publication time recorded in the database. If so, the post status is changed to "published". Apart from the 2.4.3 issue, you should fill a bug report if you have a problem about scheduled posts that sometimes publish correctly and sometimes not. So no regular visit on your blog homepage or feeds (I don't know why, but only these two cases triggers the publication) => no scheduled posts "right in time". Also, the publication thing is called AFTER the page is served to the client. This means that if I schedule a post to 00:00, and there's no visit until 4:00, then again no visit til 10:00, that's the visitor at 10:00 who will see the post first. The publishing time will not change anyway, that just means that the first visit after the scheduled time will trigger the publication but will not be able to see the post, only the next visit will see it.

Also, you should not have any issue with a post that was saved as a draft and then updated to "scheduled" as there is no history of post status saved in DB, nor the post have to register itself in some sort of dysfonctional publication queue. The "post_status" field is updated in the DB, that's all. So, a post saved as draft and then updated to scheduled is strictly identical in term of DB record from a post saved directly as scheduled. Same applies to publication time changes.

PHP hackers can check /inc/core/class.dc.blog.php:1385 to see exactly how the publishing of scheduled posts is done.

(Not so good english, hope it's still understandable.)

Dernière modification par [SiMON] (2012-06-04 08:59:08)

#7 2012-06-04 01:40:25

clearingthedots
Membre

Thanks SiMON for the clarification. I'm glad to hear there is no black majik involved.

It is funny how superstition gets started when there is lack of knowledge of how things work. Adding your explanation to the dotclear user manual would certainly be beneficial.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map