Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2013-02-27 23:39:12

clearingthedots
Membre

cookies and dotclear

I recently installed a blog with the theme "woof" and in inspecting the home page with the "view page info" in firefox I noticed that dotclear is installing cookies. Other dotclear blogs I have with other themes do not install cookies.

Any one knows where where and what to look for to identify the program that installs the cookies? Any guess why this theme would need cookies?

Thanks

#2 2013-02-28 06:45:13

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Re : cookies and dotclear

hi clearingthedots

Have downloaded the theme woof and can't confirm that it asks for a particular cookie. When we open CD the first time, it generally wants to set a cookie and it might be that your original cookie for CD was deleted/out of date and needed to be reset.

Furthermore, woof doesn't have extra changes, but only slightly ones related to content in archive and post.html. But cookies are called by this part in head.html

<script type="text/javascript" src="{{tpl:BlogThemeURL}}/../default/js/jquery.cookie.js"></script>

I Dotclear.

#3 2013-02-28 08:19:47

Dsls
Modérateur couteau-suisse
Site Web

AFAIK, with every theme you can have cookies set. This cookie is intended to keep user information when posting/replying to a comment. However, it is up to the user to say whether he wants his information to be kept or not when posting a comment. If the checkbox is not enabled, no cookie will be sent to the client.

Dyslexics have more fnu!

#4 2013-03-01 15:47:48

clearingthedots
Membre

Thanks for the quick responses. I don't allow for comments in my blogs. Is it safe then to just delete the line

<script type="text/javascript" src="{{tpl:BlogThemeURL}}/../default/js/jquery.cookie.js"></script>

from the head.html file?

Are there any other files in DC that would install cookies?

Thanks again

#5 2013-03-02 03:16:45

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

@clearingdots

This code "<script type="text/javascript" src="{{tpl:BlogThemeURL}}/../default/js/jquery.cookie.js"></script>" is more us as dashboard user, but I'm not sure.
It's in the head.html and you can test how the dashboard works for you without cookie.

I also noticed recently that internet goes more into "thanks, no cookies, no javascript".

I Dotclear.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map