Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2013-03-03 09:26:59

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Version 2.5 - a lot of questions

Hello to all in the development team

I read in the blog that the version 2.5 is now at a stage of a RC. I had already worked before with one of betas 2.5 for testing, and installed now the latest RC as usual: I deleted the old blog, and uploaded the new files.

I already noticed in the beta 2.5 that the entire System (left side) has gone and with it Multiblogs, Language, Plug-ins, Users. (The buttons for personalized dashboard are still there but clicking on them leads only to the dashboard again).

We would need to offer a link for the language packages.
If I say in Blog setting, for example, German, the UI doesn't change. How can we change the UI language or does it now recognise the OS language during the installation?

How do I create a new user? I can't see any replacement for it. I would need to find user file in DC and add somebody manually, or how should it work?

I can't have several blogs (because I need System for it). Why was this decision made? It has been a big advantage for  using Dotclear compare to Wordpress .

That the Editor has gone, is a good decision in my opinion, but that we can't install templates and plugins using DC, but only using FTP program, is not as comfortable as it was before.

It seems to me that all changes have been made to have a real administrator work.  Until all these questions have been checked, I wouldn't recommend to upgrade to 2.5 for Germans.

Many thanks in advance.

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2013-03-03 13:14:25)

I Dotclear.

#2 2013-03-03 10:17:46

Franck
Footer de merde
Lieu : Paris
Site Web

Re : Version 2.5 - a lot of questions

Hi ben_griffith,

What you said looks like something(s) is missing in your installation as we DIDN'T removed the "entire System (left side)". Lack of Javascript maybe ? Or somes files missing ?
Could you check this carefully ?

Dotclear addicted since 2004

#3 2013-03-03 12:25:22

xave
Président
Lieu : commun
Site Web

Ditto: something is very wrong here, there has been no such drastic changes, something is broken on your installation. Not to put the blame on you, of course, we may have overlook a potential problem.

To me, it looks like a plugin that broke, halting the rendering process. Do you have any access to the PHP error logs?

xave, asocial assez atypique (©Koz) , en 15ème année de http://xave.org/
RTFM. / Je ne lis pas la LOL-langue. / Je suis un gars désagréable, ne me parlez pas.

#4 2013-03-03 13:11:36

ben_griffith
Membre

Hi Xave and Franck

Thanks for writing back and confirming that you have not made these changes. I opened my test DC in 3 different browsers.Internet Explorer works with default settings and hasn't seen my dashboard at all before.

Let me set up a completely new installation, under a completely new name and I will report back.

Update:

I just installed a new fresh 2.5 and indeed, everything is there. I'm not sure what happened with that test blog and why system is disappeared there.
I remember that I had deleted a user recently and it seems that System and some of Plugins have gone since then. Both users were administrators. But the main administrator's articles were transferred to the second one. I logged on with the second administrator deleted the first, main administrator. It might be that what I saw now in my dashboard was that what a secondary administrator gets to see (???)

Because I deleted all the DC files except public and themes this morning, it can only be that the database contained still the information that I'm a kind of secondary administrator.
I'm now going to create a new test database from scratch.

Thank you again for confirming that DC hasn't changed, which made me suspicious.

Xave, as I said in that blog comment: Thanks for all your great work! Much appreciated.

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2013-03-03 13:54:44)

I Dotclear.

#5 2013-03-03 20:43:48

xave
Président
Site Web

You're welcome. See? I'm not gone. :)

Note that the problem you were seeing came most probably from something, somewhere, making PHP halt on an error. As, as you see, that's not the default DC that has the problem, either it came from a faulty transfer (such things happen) or a plugin whose compatibility with DC was broken by the 2.5 version. If ever you see that error again after reinstalling one of your plugin, please notice us.

RTFM. / Je ne lis pas la LOL-langue. / Je suis un gars désagréable, ne me parlez pas.

#6 2013-03-04 06:18:11

ben_griffith
Membre

Hello xave and Franck

Can you please confirm that a second administrator should have full rights.

I just created in that new test blog a second administrator (Permissions: I can only choose Administrator and manage pages and blogroll) and after switching into the new admin login, I get exactly that limited UI: System has gone and some of the Plugins.

What I don't understand is how I was able to delete the first admin in my first blog? User must have been there.

I just re-imported my old testblog (2011!) and eh voila, that first user was no admin, simple a user!

I can't test what happens if I transfer all entries to the superadmin, because the password is not accepted. I can't login with user.

My user has got still 5 entries shown, but in Entries itself were only 2 which I transferred to the superadmin.

I'm stocked now with my test.

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2013-03-04 06:31:05)

I Dotclear.

#7 2013-03-04 08:15:41

xave
Président
Site Web

Oh yes, we do have security rules that prevent the system submenu and certain plugins to be shown if the user is not a superadmin, that's perfectly normal. "Administrator" only grants admin rights on the targeted blog, it doesn't grant access to any setting that could have platform-wide repercussion.

Sooooo... I'm lost now. What's the problem, exactly?

#8 2013-03-05 04:08:34

ben_griffith
Membre

"Sooooo... I'm lost now. What's the problem, exactly?"

Nothing, xave, I just learned that there is only one super administrator, the one who set up the blog at all.

Thanks!

I Dotclear.

#9 2013-03-18 11:44:14

TeK
Membre
Site Web

Well, it actually is possible, but super admin rights are not something you'll find in "permissions", but in the "user info" page:

you can give super admin rights to user "test" by using the checkbox on http://url-mon-dotclear/admin/user.php?id=test

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map