Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2013-11-19 06:18:20

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Tags in New Entry

Hi to all

In previous versions, when I typed a letter, for example a "d", then I got shown the existing tags like "Dotclear (there are 3 entries with that tag)". When I type a letter in 2.6, I get shown tags that contain this letter but not one single tag starting with that letter. (This behaviour reminds me of the "awful bar" in Firefox 3 back then.)

I can't see any sense in that behaviour.

I also struggle with the new way how the right side of a New Entry works. I have to do more clicks for things which where immediately available in previous versions. Everything is hidden in click down menus, but I have the same content as in previous versions and there is no reason to save space (for new things).

The Edit basename has been banned to the end where it make no sense in my opinion because it's no "Option". It made absolute sense below the date-time in previous versions.

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2014-01-06 06:58:49)

I Dotclear.

#2 2013-11-19 07:42:17

Dsls
Modérateur couteau-suisse
Site Web

Re : Tags in New Entry

Hi Ben,

I have searched in previous dotclear versions (back to 2.3), and from a code perspective, all the tags have been searched this way (ie with "contains" search, vs "starts with" search). But I understand your point of view, I'll discuss it within the team to see whether we will change this search. That enabled me to discover a bug in tag search :)

Concerning the foldable sections, we wanted the user to customize the post edit page the way he wants. In fact, the list of folded/unfolded sections is memorized for each user, you may then open the sections you want only once for all, they will remain in the state you specified.

Dyslexics have more fnu!

#3 2013-11-19 09:44:50

ben_griffith
Membre

Many thanks, Dsls.

Regarding the tags, you probably mean that the short (most used) list doesn't appear. This is what I mean, I always have to open the entire list of my tags.

I can't remember what 2.3/2.4 did, but 2.5 worked definitely in that way that I typed a "d" and I got my tag.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all your hard work, and I'm quiet now, as I have no idea about programming :-)

I Dotclear.

#4 2013-11-19 10:00:33

Dsls
Site Web

I have commited a patch this morning, with 2.6.1, only tags starting with the searched term will be returned (I am still waiting for a feedback from the team, though).

Dyslexics have more fnu!

#5 2014-01-06 07:00:39

ben_griffith
Membre

Just a quick update, my tag problem is solved in 2.6.1 :-)

Many thanks!!!

I Dotclear.

#6 2014-01-06 07:21:44

Dsls
Site Web

You're welcome. Keep giving us your feedbacks, we'll do our best to adapt to everyone's needs :)

Dyslexics have more fnu!

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map