Annonce

#1 2014-08-30 07:10:49

tbtip
Membre
Lieu : Hoya ( Germany )
Site Web

New Dotclear project starts with great Page Speed values

Hello,

I would like to allow me full of pride, to draw attention to a new project, which I have reacted with Dotclear.

The link to the project: http://www.frohe-weihnachtszeit.de

What I find particularly amazing is the fact that the values for Page Speed Mobile at present 82 and desktop are at even 93 points.

When tested with Pingdom (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/) great value could also be a reach in my opinion.
The last test showed that this page is 92% faster alls all tested pages.

Unfortunately, I had this project in some favorite plugins (eg Colorbox) without.
Since these the Page Speed value massively pulled down.
Unfortunately I have not found a solution to correct this. Maybe one of you has an idea?

Very important from my point of view !!
I would like to thank ben griffith at this point, for the exceptional support.

Thank you very much ben griffith

Dernière modification par tbtip (2014-08-30 07:49:41)

Leider beherrsche ich nicht die englische Sprache, deswegen helfe ich gerne in deutscher Sprache.
Meine Dotclear-Blogs: Weihnachtsblog; Weihnachtsmärkte in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz; CMS-Systeme - Blogsoftware Dotclear und mehr auf Tbtip.de

#2 2014-08-30 08:07:23

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

Re : New Dotclear project starts with great Page Speed values

The more plugins you include, the more additionnal CSS or JS files you may have to load on public pages. It means more bandwidth used and more HTTP requests.

The requests are a big part of the problem. A solution would be to merge all js and css files, this could be done in a plugin...

#3 2014-08-30 08:42:21

tbtip
Membre
Site Web

Hi Philippe,

In this project, I've tried manually so much to summarize as possible.

I got the default print.css file in the theme folder. The default jquery Java script files also.

The jquery Java script files I load only in the footer.

There are only a style.css file and compressed with the Dotclear plugin "Compress"

The plugin Colorbox I have tried to load asyncron, but unfortunately it did not work.

Dernière modification par tbtip (2014-08-30 08:48:31)

Leider beherrsche ich nicht die englische Sprache, deswegen helfe ich gerne in deutscher Sprache.
Meine Dotclear-Blogs: Weihnachtsblog; Weihnachtsmärkte in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz; CMS-Systeme - Blogsoftware Dotclear und mehr auf Tbtip.de

#4 2014-08-30 09:21:39

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

tbtip a écrit :

The jquery Java script files I load only in the footer.

This might break some plugins behaviors on public side, check that jquery is loaded before Colorbox js code...

#5 2014-08-30 09:46:51

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

PS : I believe your Google Analytics and Piwik js code snippets should go in the footer, but jQuery should stay in the head, as some plugins or user scripts might need it before DOM is entirely loaded.

If you really need to improve speed, consider loading jQuery from Google CDN instead of your server ;)

#6 2014-08-30 14:29:38

tbtip
Membre
Site Web

Hello Philippe,

first of all thanks for your tips:-)

Because Google CDN should I bother trying to read. The topic is quite new to me.

Is there by Dotclear such Google CDN links actually already, where the current jquery.js and jquery.cookie.js are stored. As written, this topic is completely new to me. Therefore, perhaps this stupid question.

Oh yes, it is not about the Google Analytics code but the new Google Analytics Universal Code. This should be entered as directed before the </ head>.

I have now moved to the footer of the Piwik code.

#7 2014-08-30 15:30:53

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

For the Google CDN, you must replace the call to jQuery that is in your template theme by the snippet given on this page where you may choose you favourite version

This way, the jQuery script will be downloaded from Google's server instead of yours. As it does not come from the same host as yours, and might already be cached, PageSpeed will be happy.

For Analytics, even the new code, you may stick it in the footer, it works the same way and does not need to be loaded immediately

#8 2014-08-30 17:39:08

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Hi tbtip

Congratulations to the new frohe-weihnachtszeit.de.
Thanks for the show of appreciation, but honesty, I have only made dcChristmas responsible (without JavaScript), and the theme itself is based on HTML Edition's excellent design work.
I'm sure you are dcChristmas' most loyal user :-) and many thanks for the donation to a local children hospital in exchange for my hours of hard work. But I really enjoyed it, and once more I learned so much from it.
My personal thanks to the maker of the Berlin theme who gave me the chance to learn how a responsible theme works in its entirety.

I Dotclear.

#9 2014-09-06 08:00:04

tbtip
Membre
Site Web

hello,

I wanted to allow me to point out a few small changes.

Due to the tip of Philippe I have the Java script files "jquery.js" and "jquery.cookies.js" again moved to the "_header.html".

However, I have these two files and the "post.js" outsourced on a subdomain, which of these are then loaded.

Furthermore, I have the compressed CSS files also outsourced by Theme on the subdomain.

This has over the original initial values when Dotclear is not yet optimized Page Speed, brought quite a lot.

After much testing I still have a async added after the script command for "jquery.js". The code looks as like this:

<script type = "text / javascript" src = "http://subdomain.meine-domain.de/js/themes/default/jquery.js" async> </ script>

The script called for "jquery.cookie.js" must not be provided with async, because then apparently some plugins, such as Colorbox, no longer work clean.

This has then again really brought what.

Furthermore, I have now test, the CSS files from the "_header.html" in the "user_footer.html" shifted. I must indeed find that this is not the optimal solution, but it works only once.

For the asynchronous embed the CSS files there is probably also a solution with a "loadCSS" script, but somehow I do not get it how to integrate this.

Furthermore, I have made to the file "_public.php" of the plugin Colorbox, used for the Java file, a small change. This has apparently also once again brought what.

Currently my values with Google Page Speed Insights for the following URL ( http://www.frohe-weihnachtszeit.de/post … usplatz-17 ) at:
Mobile: 73
Desktop: 89

The measured values at Pingdom are as follows for the same URL:
Perf. Grade 91/100
Request: 34
Load Time: 935ms
Page size: 560,5kb

Getest with the server setting in Amsterdam / Netherlands

On this Site are two Pictures and a Video from Youtube.

Dernière modification par tbtip (2014-09-06 08:10:54)

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map