Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2012-03-30 17:27:00

vicky94rohan
Membre

Blog Import Problem

Hello. I have a blog here and whenever I try to import from another blog to a new one using the Import/Export plugin it shoes an error:
"Invalid row count"
Below is the link to the screenshot:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2iuyp/oer1?size=o
What should I do ?

Dernière modification par vicky94rohan (2012-03-30 17:31:13)

#2 2012-03-31 06:42:12

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Re : Blog Import Problem

Hi vicky94rohan

It seems that your backup file doesn't fit with the new table structure of the current database. Sorry, but we need more information.

Can you please describe where your import file comes from ( version of Dotclear) or is it another running Dotclear blog under a different domain and you changed the domain?
What's the version of Dotclear  you are trying to import?
What database do you had for the old blog and what database do you have now? You need to login into your domain panel and there should be mentioned what database (MySQL version 5.1.61 for example)
Can you install a test blog with the old Dotclear version, import your file and then check the tables?

I Dotclear.

#3 2012-03-31 07:26:19

vicky94rohan
Membre

Both the blogs are of version 2.4.2 and yes, the new blog is in a different domain.
MySQL version: 5.1 (Both blogs)
Database name: Blog1 (Both blogs)
@ben_griffith: I didn't understand your last line; how exactly do I check my tables ?

#4 2012-04-01 05:38:15

ben_griffith
Membre

Does your file originally come from Dotclear 1? I'm asking because I found this request "Toutes vos questions de migration depuis Dotclear 1 ont leur place ici même. ... 2012-03-25 12:18:14 par vicky94rohan".

Do you try to import a single blog or a full backup? When you import a full backup, you also need the themes, plugins etc.

Re:@ben_griffith: I didn't understand your last line; how exactly do I check my tables ?
Because I didn't have more information, I could only assume that the file might come from an old blog version with different table structure.

MySQL works with tables: dc_category, dc_post etc, all in all 17 tables. A table contains rows and columns. When you look into your database file, it contains for each entry all these tables separated by comma.

I don't know how your domain works, but I describe what I can do with my domain:

I login into my cpanel (most UK providers offer the cpanel) under my domain, where I can create a new database, my e-mails or check my last visitors.
When I click on "MySQL® Databases", then I can create a new database.
When I click on "phpMyAdmin", then I can see the database and its structure. I could (theoretically) empty my tables or clean them. I never do it there. I always delete my database in "MySQL® Databases" and simple create a new one.

When you install Dotclear, the software begins to setup tables. You could check in "phpMyAdmin" how many tables have been built and when did it stop. Then you would know what table the problem is.

If you want, you can send me a direct e-mail and I write back to you. You can send me your import file and I can test it to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I Dotclear.

#5 2012-04-04 03:17:33

ben_griffith
Membre

Solved.

I Dotclear.

#6 2012-04-04 08:15:21

osku
Membre
Lieu : 28

Well done Dude :)

#7 2012-08-06 22:56:06

vdanjean
Membre

Hi,

I've the same problem as the initial reporter. I want to migrate a blog from a dotclear installation to another one (in an other domain). Same version of dotclear in both domain (2.4.2)
  It is possible to know what was the solution?

Thanks

#8 2012-08-07 05:11:27

osku
Membre
Lieu : 28

vdanjean a écrit :

Hi,

I've the same problem as the initial reporter. I want to migrate a blog from a dotclear installation to another one (in an other domain). Same version of dotclear in both domain (2.4.2)
  It is possible to know what was the solution?

Thanks

Hi, welcome !

Did you manage to reinstall all the same plugins ?

#9 2012-08-07 05:25:14

ben_griffith
Membre

Hi to all who have the same problem.

The problem at that time with vicky94rohan blog backup was that one part of the backup was corrupted. When you open the backup file in an editor you can see the departments for categories, then come the links, afterwards the blog settings and so on.

One of these parts was wrong, I don't remember what was wrong, but I only changed one of them with one taken from a fresh original installation and it worked.

1. Install a new, clean working Testblog (don't add entries or similar) and export blog
2. Copy your real blog backup and save it somewhere that you always have got an untouched original of your (not working) blog
3. Go back to and open your blog backup and the test backup.
4. Now, change part by part and try to import the blog in between

For example:
1. change that part for categories [category cat_id,blog_id,cat_title,cat_url,cat_desc,cat_position,cat_lft,cat_rgt]
2. Can you import it now?
3. If not then replace the categories by your own ones, because they are not the reason that the table structure is corrupted
4. Then change the [link link_id,blog_id,link_href,link_title,link_desc,link_lang,link_xfn,link_position]
5. If importing doesn't work, get back your original links and try it with [setting setting_id,blog_id,setting_ns,setting_value,setting_type,setting_label]

and so on.

I Dotclear.

#10 2012-08-15 05:23:15

vdanjean
Membre

In my case, the problem comes from this bug:
http://dev.dotclear.org/2.0/ticket/1331

Many thanks to ben_griffith that suggest me to try to import my blog partially in order to identify the problem.

#11 2015-09-19 16:20:42

darrsarah292
Membre

Hello,

I'm preparing a migration and before I do it I would like to fully understand what to do if anything goes wrong.

I didn't understand this step "change that part for categories" , where can I do this ?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Sara Darrs

#12 2015-10-04 01:09:23

ben_griffith
Membre

Sara Darrs

I opened the backup.txt in Scite and this allowed me to compare structure with a clean backup file.

I Dotclear.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map