13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2016-05-15 04:21:04

Tin
Membre
Lieu : Suisse
Site Web

Update language files

Hi

I have updated the four *.po files in locales folder for the German language (de).

That are the four *.lang.php files? Seems they contain the same strings as the *.po files - so they should be translated as well?

Thanks.

Salutations / best regards
Tin

#2 2016-05-15 05:50:49

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

Re : Update language files

Hello

*.lang.php file has the priority over the *.po file. If one of those is not available Dotclear will chose the other, but by default it will use *.lang.php. It is possible to generate *.lang.php files from *.po files.

If you want to help translating Dotclear in your preferred language, please go to https://dotclear.org/translate where the process of submitting your translations is described

#3 2016-05-15 06:16:38

Tin
Membre
Site Web

Hi

So only the *.po files have to be updated? How to make the *.lang.php files? How to send files with "subversion"?

Tin

#4 2016-05-15 06:49:49

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

Yes, only the *.po files have to be updated. Dotclear's make process will generate the *.lang.php files.

Once done with your changes, send the files to the list. This is the simplest way.

As to Subversion, ask on the list how to get an access. It may have changed from what is stated on the documentation, as development files are now on Bitbucket, where you can clone the deposit and push your changes directly.

#5 2016-05-15 07:29:17

Tin
Membre
Site Web

Philippe a écrit :

Dotclear's make process will generate the *.lang.php files.

Ok. I would like have more information about this. When exactly these files are generated? When Dotclear is called from Web or is there a function in the admin dashboard?

Tin

#6 2016-05-15 07:51:43

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

No, I do not believe it is meant to be done by users, it is part of Dotclear's releasing process, with a make file script. This means that your translations transferred to the translators mailing list will be included in the next release of Dotclear and benefit to all german users.

If you only wish to change your installation's translations, just change the *.lang.php files, and keep track of it, as next automatic update would probably overwrite your files ;)

#7 2016-05-15 08:18:48

Tin
Membre
Site Web

So if I want to update the language files for the whole project, I have to change and send the *.po files. If I want to have all these updates in my Dotclear installation, I have to change the *.lang.php files? So I have do to the translation job two times? Well, that's is really not a very good solution.

Tin

#8 2016-05-15 08:35:23

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

You may also delete the *.lang.php files, the *.po will be used instead ;)

#9 2016-05-15 08:41:55

Tin
Membre
Site Web

Ok, I'll join Bitbucket and will commit the German *.po files ASAP.

Tin

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map