Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2017-10-02 05:15:14

bogo_mipps
Membre

Theme Fjalla: Problem accessing an "About" Page [Solved]

I'm obviously missing something extremely simple, as in "Simple" Menu!  But solution eludes me ...

Have set up a new Entry for Simple Menu:  3 entries - | Home | Archive | About | - show up perfectly on the top bar, but no matter how  I set it up I get the 404 message for About.  It is linked to "something", but obviously not what I want.

Can't find anything relevant on the Forum - or elsewhere on-line.

Would be good to have a pointer as to how to create and liven up an "About" page ...

AAMOI the Simple Menu says "/blog/index.php?archive" for Archive, but when use "/blog/index.php?about" it responds with the 404.  I guess it's in the title & formation of the html, but ...

Any help appreciated.  TIA.

Dernière modification par bogo_mipps (2017-10-03 10:22:39)

#2 2017-10-02 05:37:29

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

Re : Theme Fjalla: Problem accessing an "About" Page [Solved]

You must create the about page first, copy its url and then paste it in the appropriate field in Simple Menu plugin.

Take also into consideration that the URL is case sensitive : about is not the same as About ;)

#3 2017-10-03 03:39:57

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

@bogo_mipps

Dotclear has no automated pages as wordpress.com. Theoretically, you can even have a blog without pages and entries. As Philippe said, you need to create a page.

I wonder how you were able to link your About item in Simple menu. Normally, we use the "Add an item" button.

I Dotclear.

#4 2017-10-03 10:21:13

bogo_mipps
Membre

Thanks, Philippe & Ben

The Page plug-in needed a reinstall.

Your "Add an item" provided the clue, Ben. Once re-installed there was no need for even a cut & paste.  It found the URL for the already created About page.  Very aptly named "Simple Menu"!  Couldn't be simpler ...

Thanks, both.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map