Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2020-06-14 02:52:19

bogo_mipps
Membre

Can't save "Blog Description" parameters (Theme Fjalla)

For some reason I don't seem to be able to save these entries on my various blogs, other than as plain text in #000.

The Editors indicate that normal HTML parameters are available i.e. colours, headers, etc., but they will not save.

All editor plug-ins are enabled, My Preferences entries look correct, and DC_ADMIN_URL in config.php corresponds correctly.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bogo

#2 2020-06-14 04:30:48

ben_griffith
Membre
Lieu : Wiltshire

Re : Can't save "Blog Description" parameters (Theme Fjalla)

Hello bogo_mipps

In style.css, please add the color of your choice to line 236 (in Design)

#blogdesc {font-family: Lato, "Open Sans", "Segoe UI", Frutiger, "Frutiger Linotype", "Dejavu Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif;}

#blogdesc {color: #FFCC00; font-family: Lato, "Open Sans", "Segoe UI", Frutiger, "Frutiger Linotype", "Dejavu Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif;}

Dernière modification par ben_griffith (2020-06-14 05:49:40)

I Dotclear.

#3 2020-06-14 10:45:41

bogo_mipps
Membre

Thanks for prompt reply, as usual, Ben! Much appreciated.

That works, of course. Ashamed to admit I tried that intially and it didn't work. Now realised I spelt colour not color. (!)

But dare I ask why I can't just use the regular editors to add/modify in Blog Description?  DotClear seems to be all set up for normal 'editing' as elsewhere, so why not here? It would be nice just to have a bit of flexibility here as well ... even just to be able to increase the size of the font, for example?

DotClear is so good I hesitate to quibble, but little things mean a lot (with apologies to Kitty Kallen!)

Bogo

#4 2020-06-15 04:48:15

ben_griffith
Membre

Hello bogo_mipps

I also struggle often with colour and color since I often have to write color.

If I go to Blog Appearance, click on Edit Theme and then on style.css and change the colour, this works fine on my side.

I Dotclear.

#5 2020-06-15 09:01:44

Philippe
Stagiaire
Lieu : Toulon
Site Web

You can use the editors in blog description, but you have to go to your preferences to activate it, and check if your theme allows it, as some themes will "clean" any HTML tags in blog description.

As to color vs colour, I never understood why english English and american English are different on this point ^^

#6 2020-06-15 09:41:47

bogo_mipps
Membre

Thanks, both.

Ben, have done this for color as you suggest - but is there somewhere in CSS that I can change font size in Blog Description?

Philippe, looks like Fjalla is cleaning HTML tags, as you suggest. It always reverts to standard font and size, despite setting the Editor in Preferences.

As for color v. colour - there's quite a long list of similar differences. I guess it helps that we at least share the same 'basic' language!

Bogo

#7 2020-06-15 10:09:58

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

bogo_mipps a écrit :

Philippe, looks like Fjalla is cleaning HTML tags, as you suggest. It always reverts to standard font and size, despite setting the Editor in Preferences.

You will have to modify in this theme the file that uses {{tpl:BlogDescription}}, to remove the attributes that clean the HTML content ({{tpl:BlogDescription}} with no attributes filters nothing).

It will also give you the id or class of the element, so you can style it in your CSS rules

(sorry I do not know this them in details, if needed I can give more explanation)

#8 2020-06-16 03:47:32

ben_griffith
Membre

@bogo_mipps

#blogdesc has got a font-size: 90%;  in line 46.

In case you are serious with using the Fjalla theme and wants to keep it, it might be worth that you:
- create a new css file with just your changes
- take out the changes in style.css you have done so far

Reason why I'm suggesting this is that in case Fjalla would be updated later on (and I might have to update it as it's the most used of my templates), your changes were gone and you had the default style.css again. If you have got only 1 change to the blog description, then it's okay, you can have a personal note what to change, but if you change more, it's worth to have an own css file.

Into your style.css, just at the top between the comments, add following so that it looks like:

# -- END LICENSE BLOCK -----------------------------------------*/

@import url(changes.css);

/*--------------------------------------------------------------
EMBEDDED FONTS
--------------------------------------------------------------- */

Then open a new document (should be a html editor, I always use Scite), and save it as:

changes.css

In your own changes.css, type

#blogdesc {color: #FFCC00; font-size: 130% !important;}

Adding !important will overwrite an existing instructions.

Then upload the changes.css and style.css

In my experience, it will take some attempts to convince a browser to use the new css file, because browsers are used to look only for changes in content but not templates.

I Dotclear.

#9 2020-06-16 08:56:50

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

There is a plugin to add CSS rules to your theme. It is called moreCSS. This way, you never need to change the original theme's files, and don't have to fear updates ;)

#10 2020-07-12 09:15:58

bogo_mipps
Membre

Thanks, both - again.  All useful information.

One further question re #blogdesc. This color change works perfectly in Desktop mode i.e. with Firefox browser, for example, but I notice that it's not happening on my Android Samsung Tablet.  However, it is working on my Samsung phone!  I guess the solution is somewhere in the style sheets, but a bit like the needle in the haystack for me.

Any ideas?

TIA

#11 2020-07-12 10:09:28

Philippe
Stagiaire
Site Web

Did you try to find all occurrences of #blogdesc in all the theme's stylesheets ?

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map