Dotclear

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

13 février 2024 Sortie de Dotclear 2.29

#1 2021-08-28 10:46:02

GregC
Membre

Can You Password Protect All Posts Assigned To A Category?

I'm very new to DotClear and the subject line says it all really.

I am planning to have a blog that records the plants and wildlife seen in our garden. I'd like everyone to see that.

I also want a Category that will be available only to friends and family that will show the changes we are making within the house and for obvious security/privacy reasons I don't want everyone in the world to see that.

I can see it is easy enough to add a password to an individual post as you create it (but haven't explored exactly how that works yet but suspect that having to do that will become a pain and an action easily forgotten when a high proportion of posts will be to the "House" Category.

If making a Category private is not possible is there a way to keep an area of the blog private?

#2 2021-08-28 12:00:38

GregC
Membre

Re : Can You Password Protect All Posts Assigned To A Category?

It occurs to me that another approach would be to add friends and family as "Users", but it seems "Users" are will always have rights to create and manage posts.not just view those in certain categories?

Dernière modification par GregC (2021-08-28 12:01:11)

#3 2021-08-28 13:08:47

JcDenis
Membre
Lieu : Lyon, France
Site Web

Hello,
I could be wrong but it's not possible to protect only one category.
Maybe you can create a second blog only for your family and friends, it's easy with Dotclear, like that you can use a .htaccess to protect it with password or maybe with the plugin privateMode

Dernière modification par JcDenis (2021-08-28 13:09:19)

Cordialement,
_JC | Intérimaire | En mode invisible

#4 2021-08-28 13:52:03

GregC
Membre

Thanks for telling me of the "PrivateMode" plugin. I had failed to find that in my searches. I will investigate.

#5 2021-09-01 13:41:58

Tomek
Site Web

Oh not sure it answers your question, but there's also a way to exclude a category from feed: https://plugins.dotaddict.org/dc2/details/discreteCat

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Pied de page des forums

Sites map